View Profile WillieCorley

23 Movie Reviews

I find it difficult to rate the Neurotically Yours cartoon, Drugs in Your Head. The old me would have given this a high score, but who I am now strongly disagrees with rhetoric in this cartoon. Sometimes we become the type of people we used to mock as kids. It's a sign we threw away a lot of old values. That's both good and bad. Some of my old beliefs were terrible. I feel like I am a better person now compared to who I was when I originally watched this cartoon.

Drugs in Your Head is a reminder of my old self. When the original flash cartoon first came out, I shared it on a bunch of forums and a lot of people I knew on a Ratchet & Clank clan forum thought this was a funny rant. So I have positive memories attached to this specific episode because of the timing of its original release. It was also more impressive as a flash cartoon in 2005 than it is a video in 2020. I can't rate the original flash cartoon here anymore, so I can only rate it as a video.

When this came out in 2005, I was a fifteen year old boy against drugs and thought this rant was hilarious. Now I'm a 31 year old man reliant on CBD oil because it's the only medication effective for the 24/7 migraine I have suffered with since 2009. The rhetoric in this cartoon used to be funny to me, but it aged poorly. There are a lot of benefits to medical marijuana. It helps with my pain, sleep, and depression issues. I'm glad both medical and recreational marijuana are legal in California.

One agreement I do have with Foamy the Squirrel is that many people are hypocrites about prescription drugs. When doctors experimented on me with prescriptions, it messed me up far worse than alcohol and weed ever did to my life. A lot of prescription drugs are dangerous, especially Topirimate (AKA Topamax). If a doctor ever recommends it, do not take that drug. It is a drug known to cause permanent memory loss and brain damage. I was never the same after taking that drug.

So yeah, Drugs in Your Head. I give a 3/5. A lot of the messaging and animation is bad, but it's not a bad cartoon. It's an entertaining video that is reflective of popular opinion from 2005. Despite how bad everything is right now, I'm glad we no longer live in the Bush years. I do not want to return to an America that is against weed. It should be legal in all 50 states and Washington, DC.

Excluding rule #2, this old episode of Neurotically Yours is more relevant than ever before thanks to the pandemic.

It's sad how the social commentary in this cartoon is still relevant today, except we have way less school shootings this year because of the pandemic closing down schools. Always loved this episode and I'm thrilled it's back on Newgrounds. ^_^

2 Game Reviews

Maybe it's because I love the Sonic Advance and Freedom Planet sprites, but I enjoyed this game more than I expected. It's too bad it was never finished, but it's still a fun experience.

I'll give the game props for originality since I've never played anything like this, but I found it really boring. There was only one level that took me a long time to figure out, which was the stage before the three hearts level.

1 Audio Review

10/14/2018 Update:
Back when I rarely ever listened to music, I gave this song a 10/10 because I found it entertaining. Now as a 28 year old adult, I find it amusingly terrible. A bit sad it got so few reviews that it doesn't even have a score after 13 years.

Original review from August 3, 2005:
Great job on this!

This was entertaninig me like crap. It has such an upbeat tune that I've been listening to it for a while now. Great job!

-Mr. W.A.C. "Great job!"

27 Art Reviews

Both this and your Garfield sprite sheet looks awesome. I love the animations.

Only three colors used, yet it looks this good. You did an amazing job.

This is awesome. Great work.

I love Newgrounds. ^_^